It's amazing how many things change in such a short amount of time when you welcome a baby into your heart and home. Going shopping is exchanged for naptime, full makeup is exchanged for lipgloss (if you're lucky), and poo suddenly becomes a celebrated event! And amazingly enough, I don't miss shopping, full makeup, or being able to leave my house without considering the timing of my son's feedings and packing a bag that will sustain us for hours! Beautiful Caleb is my pride, joy, and glory now that I have been chosen to be his mother.
We were shocked when we found out I was pregnant because we weren't trying for a child. God saw fit to surprise us with this wonderful gift, and we couldn't be more thankful. This morning, I was reflecting on how blessed my son is to have 4 living Grandparents and 3 living Great-Grandparents. Both of my parents live nearby and can see him often, and since my dad is living with us as he house-hunts, my son is blessed to be held by his Grandad every day. I grew up far away from my grandparents, and always wished my children would grow up with theirs close by, and though I never remember praying for it, God has granted this wish and I am humbled by His thoughtfulness.
I recently reunited with my Godfather after not seeing him for 20 years. He was my Pastor and dedicated me when I was an infant, and he blessed my family by holding my son. It was a sweet reunion :)
Caleb met Poncho's family recently, and got lots of love from all! Here he is with his cousins and his Uncle Hermann.
And with all of his grandparents.
Three generations of Alfonsos...
Morning ritual with Grandad.
My little love :)
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the pics of him with all the family and his smile in the last photo is so precious! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHey you! I miss your posts...I know you're in mommy-land...but if you ever get the chance, post again.
ReplyDelete